Friday, October 2, 2009

LTSP on top of Fedora 10 is up and running.

Finally our LTSP set-up is completed and it is running now. I installed LTSP on top of existing Fedora 10 installation. My server configuration is: Pentium Core 2 Duo, 2GB of RAM 320 GB of HDD. I am using old PC's as a ThinClients for now.
I followed all instructions which are written on installation guide.
Difficulties which i faced during the configurations are: old switch and old network cables. I spend one day to figure out that my switch is not working correctly so finally i replace the switch with new one. Cables were also old. It is always better to have new one than old one :).

Now i am going to monitor the performance. 6 clients are going to be connected to the server. The work load is not so high (Open Office, Internet surfing and printing). I hope performance will be well.

No comments: